Dr. Pepper BBQ Ribs
What you need:
- 1-2 racks of ribs, your favorite cut. I used baby back ribs.
- 1-2 liter bottle Dr. pepper (not diet)
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce. I recommend Sweet Baby Ray’s.
- In a large stock pot add: ribs, onion, garlic and liquid smoke.
- Pour Dr. Pepper over to cover. Bring to a boil, cover and lower to a simmer until ribs are tender (1 to 1.5 hours)
- Remove ribs into a baking pan
- Pour BBQ sauce over ribs
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 min. Or on a medium heat grill for 20 - 25 min.
The smell of boiling soda is interesting, definitely not pleasant, but really breaks down the meat and tenderizes it. Easy and VERY delicious. Enjoy!